Well, I figured out how to fix it, but it's still a mystery as to how it was changed. I haven't had any reason to go into those settings since the early days of setting up this website. THEN, while I was fixing it and checking it out on the public's view of the website, I noticed that there was a HUGE difference between the version of the Storefront page that I saw and made (over a year ago), and what the public saw.
What I saw was the same "normal" one. What you saw was totally different....The slide show was gone, the greeting was gone, the phone number and information was gone, the categories were gone. --It took me several hours, but I made a totally new Storefront page. I hope you like it! --Unfortunately, it took precious time away from uploading more of the new items into the store. I am almost at the (new) 2 gigabytes limit already too.